Friday, August 27

Working out the details: a short/modern wedding dress

I love the look of a short/modern wedding dress. There's something so informal and fun about it. While I was home last week for a friend's wedding, I had a chance to catch up with two of my best girlfriends (who are going to stand in my wedding). We decided to head to David's Bridal and try on a few wedding dresses. I had no intention to find the dress I will wear in the wedding; I really just wanted to see what I would look like in one. We grabbed a few short dresses that were SUPER cute, and Jenn (MOH) picked a completely lace dress in ivory as a joke because I hate lace. When we found our consultant and headed over to the dressing area, I tried on the short dresses first (because afterall, I wanted a short dress...). I thought the short dresses looked terrible on me! I mean at five feet and half an inch tall, I don't have a lot of leg to show off in the first place. It was awful. Then, I tried on the all lace dress. OMG. That was the dress. I almost cried when I saw myself in it... It is perfect!!!!

Jenn and Tina (her sister, and one of my bridesmaids) picked out their dresses while we were there too. I knew that I wanted to have the bridesmaids in the same dress, and that I wanted it to be strapless and knee-length. Some brides pick a color and have the maids pick their own dress: one that works for both their shape and their individual personalities.. I like that idea, but not for me. The color I want is called "latte." You can go to DB's website and look up the color. The girls found the dress in hot pink, which I love, but not for my wedding. =)

Here is a picture of me in the dress that I want, with Jenn and Tina in the hot pink dresses. I am soooooooo excited about my wedding. Yay for decision making!! Funny how I knew I wanted a short/modern dress and ended up hating it. Also funny that I hate lace and ended up falling in love with a lace-all-over dress. Maybe I'll end up changing every detail about what I wanted for this wedding... Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Trisha you are a stunning Bride to be! I love you! I hear that plans are being discussed for a tropical wedding...

    ReplyDelete